Non-exclusive posts?

kisekileia
I know on the old Slacktiverse, content was required to not have been posted elsewhere before and not be posted elsewhere within two weeks. Are we maintaining that? There's a piece of writing I'd really like to post here that I originally wrote as a blog comment, and have subsequently posted in my friends-locked LiveJournal. It's a righteous smackdown of people who say "Well, being fat isn't a choice, but being physically unfit is."

Are people OK with my posting it here? I need to make a few minor edits, but I could have it ready pretty much whenever. What's the next free date?

Re: Non-exclusive posts?

EllieMurasaki

Having put the content in a locked post should be no barrier to posting it on New Slacktiverse. Having put it in a public blog comment...I would say it's fine to post, but I'm a lot iffier about that.

Re: Non-exclusive posts?

kisekileia
The comment was on a post with TONS of comments, and I would do some editing to provide context for here.

Re: Non-exclusive posts?

kisekileia
And I'd probably expand it significantly as well.

Re: Non-exclusive posts?

Froborr
I'd say expansion takes it from "I don't have a problem with it, but others might," to "I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it." But just because I can't see it doesn't mean there isn't a reason.

Re: Non-exclusive posts?

chris the cynic
At least one post on old Slacktiverse came about when a member of TBAT read a comment or post (as I recall a comment) and asked if the author could expand on it to make a full post out of it for The Slacktiverse.

Point: Expansion means that it hasn't been posed elsewhere.  Especially significant expansion.

Re: Non-exclusive posts?

kisekileia
And it's done. Title: '“Don’t Worry About Thinness: Just Eat Healthy Food and Exercise”: A Righteous Smackdown'. 917 words. Anyone want to beta? The tone is kind of informal and the focus is pretty personal right now, but my own situation is an excellent example of the point I'm trying to make.

Re: Non-exclusive posts?

kisekileia
I've probably increased the length of the post by about 40%, and I added a couple of major points that weren't in the original.

Re: Non-exclusive posts?

Firedrake
Would be willing to take a look. Um, how do we do email here so that the spambots don't come?

(last three letters of my handle)othai@ephemeral.(my handle).org

Re: Non-exclusive posts?

chris the cynic
When would you like for it to be posted?

I definitely recommend having it proofread, I never seem to type anything of length without including more errors than I can find myself until after it is posted.

That said, if you'd prefer it be up fast, you could have Saturday (otherwise I intended to claim that as my own) or, if you want a weekend to get things proofread, hear second opinions, revise as needed, and then look over it again yourself one last time, you could have Monday.  Or later, if you prefer.

Re: Non-exclusive posts?

kisekileia
Post is emailed to Chris and Firedrake. I hope .doc format is OK, I wasn't sure if you guys had recent enough versions of Word for .docx. I'm good with the Monday slot.

Re: Non-exclusive posts?

kisekileia
And thanks to both Chris and Firedrake for offering to beta!