Would anyone be interested in a post on grammar?

Would anyone be interested in a post on grammar?

chris the cynic
Completely serious here.  I have an idea for such a post, I've written two pages worth in open office already, I could easily post it early next week.

Here' the problem.  It's a post on grammar.  The subjunctive mood mostly.  In a community that tends to be about things like social justice and religion and deeply meaningful stuff, it would be a post on grammar.

That... might not be the right post for the room.  It's kind of not our usual style and I don't know if anyone would be interested in talking about it and talking about things is kind of the point.

Also, if it is going to be posted, I could use someone to proofread it for me.  Not for content, I'm perfectly comfortable with the rambling style and the unfunny jokes, I just need someone to make sure I didn't screw up my grammar in a post about grammar because there are few things more embarrassing than that.

Re: Would anyone be interested in a post on grammar?

Firedrake
Sounds like a plan, and I'd be happy to help. I think you've got my address through comments on the main blog?

Re: Would anyone be interested in a post on grammar?

cjmr
Sure, why not.  I like grammar.

Re: Would anyone be interested in a post on grammar?

Froborr
I think it's completely appropriate. The subjunctive is all about envisioning other worlds; you cannot have social justice or religion or anything like that without it.

Re: Would anyone be interested in a post on grammar?

storiteller
In addition, I think it might not be a bad thing to expand the purview of The Slacktiverse to be whatever the community wants to post.  Since we're no longer trying to "carry on Fred's legacy" the way the original blog was, I don't think we need to be beholden to guidelines that are as strict.

Re: Would anyone be interested in a post on grammar?

kisekileia
I agree with storiteller about this.

Re: Would anyone be interested in a post on grammar?

chris the cynic
So, first the bad news.  Because of real life I only just finished the post I've scheduled to post tomorrow.  Now the worse news, apparently I don't have your email, so unless you somehow see this in the next few minutes (in time for me to see a response from you), I'm not going to be able to give it to you to look at tonight.

Re: Would anyone be interested in a post on grammar?

Firedrake
The worser news is I'm away for six days starting in about 20 hours' time and probably won't have time to look at it until I get back. But I've sent you email anyway.

Re: Would anyone be interested in a post on grammar?

chris the cynic
I didn't see this until now.  Thanks for what you did.